Learning is a never-ending process even though the degrees of bachelor, master and PhD are granted. Therefore, STL has a mission of keeping our lecturers updated about the recent progresses and take a supportive role in their teaching activities. STL organizes seminars having the context of technology support, course design, communication, evaluation and assessment, online teaching etc. Ultimately, it is aimed to create an effective learning and teaching environment that meet the demands of both the lecturers and the learners.
STL has a dynamic structure that initially evaluates the success of the recently developed teaching methodologies in the field and then apply the given technique to a selected application. Although there exists varied perspectives and techniques between the disciplines, applying in an efficient way is of crucial importance for STL. In this regard, multi-disciplined sharing of course design, assessment, learner profile and efficient communication subjects are the priorities.
Online teaching has been in progress for long time however its importance has become more obvious. Its structure, material should well be planned to keep the learners and lecturers motivated. In addition to the introduction of the commonly used technologies by HUZEM or globally, sharing the thoughts and cases of the highly experienced senior lecturers through the seminars are organized. Discussions are held on the basis of the technologies to define pros & cons, differences that guides to choose the best suited ones.
- Learning Analytics in Higher Education (Assoc. Prof. Gökhan Akçapınar)
- Student Interaction in Online Courses (Prof. Dr. Gülsüm Aydan Genç)
- Web-Based Applications in the Learning Process (Assoc. Prof. Burak Pirgaip)
- Student Interaction in Online Courses(Prof. Dr. Sevgisun Kapucu)
- Using Moodle Before and After Covid’19: Personal Experiences (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Oumout Chousein Oglou)
- E-Learning and E-Assessment Applications with Digital Tools (Prof. Dr. Özlem Özgün)
- Increasing In-Class Interaction and Learning with Group Work and Digital Tools (Prof. Dr. E. Murat Sözer-KOLT)
- The Limitlessness of Simulation in the Context of Human and Technology (Prof. Dr. Melih Elçin)
- New Approaches and Applications in Learning and Teaching (Prof. Dr. Oya Yerin Güneri-TED Uni.)
- Assessment and Evaluation Approaches in Higher Education (Assoc. Prof. Yeşim Çapa-ÖGEM METU)
- Group Study Design and Evaluation (Dr. Zuhal Zeybekoğlu-KOLT)